LOS ANGELES, CA — Television and feature film submissions for the Art Directors Guild (ADG) 22nd Annual Excellence in Production Design Awards are set to open today, Thursday, October 5, 2017. “Production Design in Animation: Celebrating 100 Years of Imagination” will be this year’s theme as the guild debuts its new award category Excellence in Production Design for an Animated Feature Film. The ADG Awards also honor Production Design in theatrical motion pictures, television, commercials and music videos. The Awards Gala will take place on Saturday, January 27, 2018, returning to the Ray Dolby Ballroom at Hollywood & Highland.
The complete entry/voting timeline for the ADG Awards are:
- Submissions Open Online at www.adg.org – Thursday, October 5, 2017
- Submissions Close – Thursday, November 9, 2017
- Online Voting for Nominations Begins – Wednesday, December 6, 2017
- Online Voting for Nominations Closes – Wednesday, January 3, 2018, 5 PM (PST)
- Nominations Announced – Thursday, January 4, 2018
- Final Online Voting Begins – Monday, January 8, 2018
- Final Online Voting Ends – Thursday, January 25, 2018, 5 PM (PST)
- Winners Announced at ADG Awards Gala – Saturday, January 27, 2018
As previously announced, the Art Directors Guild will induct Oscar®-winning Production Designer Sir Ken Adam and Illustrator Tyrus Wong into the Hall of Fame. The Lifetime Achievement Awards honorees from each of the four ADG crafts – Production Designers, Art Directors, Assistant Art Directors; Scenic, Title and Graphic Artists; Illustrators and Matte Artists; Set Designers and Model Makers; and Previs Artists – will be announced soon.
Producers of this year’s ADG Awards (#ADGawards) are Production Designers Thomas Walsh ADG and Thomas Wilkins ADG. ADG Awards are open only to productions, when made within the U.S., by producers signatory to the IATSE agreement. Foreign entries are acceptable without restrictions.
Further inquiries regarding the ADG Awards may be directed to Debbie Patton, the ADG Awards & Events Director at 818.762.9995 or Debbie@artdirectors.org.
Media sponsors include The Hollywood Reporter, Variety, and Shoot.