The Hollywood Professional Alliance, formerly the Hollywood Post Alliance, has opened its Call for Entry’s for Creative Categories. The HPA Awards recognize creative artistry in the field of post production, while promoting the achievement of talent, innovation and engineering excellence in the larger professional media content industry. 2015 marks the 10th Annual HPA Awards whose scope has expanded to encompass talent and skills beyond just post production, since their merger with SMPTE® announced earlier this year. The Awards ceremony will be held at the Skirball Cultural Center in Los Angeles on the evening of November 12.
The HPA Awards invite entries in the following Creative Categories:
- Outstanding Color Grading – Feature Film
- Outstanding Color Grading – Television
- Outstanding Color Grading – Commercial
- Outstanding Editing – Feature Film
- Outstanding Editing – Television
- Outstanding Editing – Commercial
- Outstanding Sound – Feature Film
- Outstanding Sound – Television
- Outstanding Sound – Commercial
- Outstanding Visual Effects – Feature Film
- Outstanding Visual Effects – Television
- Outstanding Visual Effects – Commercial
Call for Entries is also open for the following competitive categories:
- Engineering Excellence Award
- HPA Judges Award for Creativity and Innovation
The period of eligibility for the HPA Awards is from Sept. 3, 2014 through Sept. 8, 2015. To be considered eligible, work must have debuted domestically and or internationally during this period. Entrants need not be members of the Hollywood Professional Alliance or working in the U.S. to submit work for consideration. Lists of previous years’ winners can be found by visiting www.hpaawards.net.
Submissions for the Creative Categories will be accepted May 15 through July 10, and Early Bird Entries (reduced entry fee for the Creative Categories) will be accepted through June 5. Complete rules, guidelines and entry information are available at: www.hpaawards.net.
The guidelines and deadlines for the Engineering Excellence and Creativity and Innovation Awards were announced earlier, and submissions for both awards will be accepted through May 22. Entrants for the Engineering Excellence and Creativity and Innovation Awards are invited to present at a special HPA judging event in early summer.
Contact Alicia Rock at 213-614-0860 or write to email@example.com for information about sponsorship opportunities for the 2015 HPA Awards show. For more information about the HPA Awards, visit www.hpaawards.net or call 213.614.0860.